Explore. Achieve. Thrive.
If you suffer from impaired mobility, the Motability Scheme may enable you to access the mobility equipment you need. Every 3 years you can lease a new electric scooter or power chair from Aspire2, using your government-funded mobility allowance.
How does Motability work?
To join the Motability Scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following allowances:
- - Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- - Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence
- - Payment (PIP)
- - War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- - Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- - You will need to have at least 12 months remaining on your allowance when you apply.
People who qualify can use part of this allowance to acquire a brand new scooter or powered wheelchair from as little as £15 per week with just a £100 deposit.
The Motability Scheme provides mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs on a three-year contract hire basis as follows:
- - 3 years comprehensive insurance
- - 3 years full parts and labour warranty
- - No call out charges
- - Annual servicing and repairs
- - Free replacement batteries and tyres
- - Free puncture repair
- - 24-hour breakdown recovery service
Use a Motability Partner to get a scooter
Aspire2 are a Motability partner. We can help you every step of the way. From helping you to fill in the required forms, to providing a free demonstration in the comfort of your own home, to delivering and assembling your brand new scooter ready to use. Contact us today to arrange an appointment, and look forward to the independence your new scooter will bring.
We have a fantastic range of Mobility Scooters and Powerchairs available through the Motability scheme. Do you need a lightweight folding scooter for pavement travel or a scooter for road use?
Get in touch today to book a test drive.Contact our Motability Advisors